Why and how to deactivate your Facebook account?

  • How long I have been using Facebook?
  • What I have learnt from Facebook?
  • What I have gained from Facebook?
  • How much time I have spent on Facebook?
  • Should I really consider quitting Facebook?
These were the questions in my mind recently and I was troubled very much. I was worried because I was wasting too much time doing nothing by surfing Facebook. Before I tell you how to deactivate your FB account let me answer the above questions. It will benefit not only me but it will benefit all the people who are wasting their precious time in a labyrinth called Facebook.

How long I have been using Facebook?

 It has been 4 years since I joined this Chakravyuha/ labyrinth. Yes I call this social networking site a Chakravyuha because when I joined it I knew how to join it I never knew how to come out of this deadly labyrinth. I never knew that this would be a time killer and in time it started eating up my productivity which was hurting me professionally. Every day and every night I have been logging in into it and going deeper and deeper never knowing how much time I have wasted and how much dumber I have became.

What I have learnt from facebook?

There are very few things that I have learnt from FB. After wasting a very big part of the last 4 years I can now tell that Orkut was more useful. In FB there are many Fan Pages and Groups hundreds and thousands of friends with whom we can waste our life. Where as in Orkut there people use to share useful thing, I gained a lot of knowledge on Orkut. But on FB all you will find is people sharing funny picture of them eating in KFC and drinking Coke. And never to forget those TROLL comics that everyone uploads to make us laugh. This is not what I expected from a social networking site.

Should I really consider quitting facebook?

For me it was really necessary to quit. For an average user you must really consider quitting when you are wasting more time on it rather than on real friends. You must also quit if you are a teenager. I have seen kids as young as 10 joining by providing fake date of birth. If you are one who is still a teen then I recommend you to stop searching friends on Facebook and start making them in reality.

How to deactivate your facebook account?

Now coming to the main part of this article, I have explained all the steps clearly and provided with screen shots where ever needed.

Step1: Announcement.

Just to inform all the friends that I was leaving Facebook I updated my wall for the last time. I received many comments asking me why I was leaving and also some asking me to reconsider my decision. Many bid me a tearful good bye.
For me deactivating my FB account was like “Planning my own death” it was painful and hard to decide. There were many questions in my mind “how would live with out these awesome friends?” but for my own good I had to quit. Therefore I said I quit.

Step2: Finding the Deactivate Option.

Facebook has a very wonderful feature that I came to know only when I was quitting. When you deactivate your account your data will not be deleted instead FB will keep it safe and will be waiting for you with open arms.
To Select the Deactivate Option go Home (this option is on the top right section) then select Account Settings and the select Security settings. When you select security settings you will find the below options:

And then select “Deactivate you account” No you are not finished yet. Still there are some things to be done.
Are you sure you want to deactivate your account? Your friends will miss you?

Step3: Select your reason for leaving.

Step4: Click submit and wait for a screen asking your password.

Next write the CAPTCA code to conform that you are a human and not a Robot.
Wait for the Deactivation conformation message.
Congratulations you have successfully deactivated your Facebook account and now you are free to waste your time with your real friends and also you can be more productive.
Lastly:
This was about how to successfully deactivate your Facebook account. But the main point is that you must be mentally prepared to do so. I hope this article will be useful to you. Do share your views in the comment section.

Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: