How to Enable Facebook Timeline Profile Now


Update Dec 24th 2011 : Finally Facebook rolled out new facebook timeline feature for everyone. Now, you don’t need to follow this lengthy process to enable Facebook timeline on your profile. All you need to do is, Follow this tip to enable Facebook timeline profile.
So, you sat home last night and watched the f8 Developer Conference like a regular geek. You definitely must’ve heard about the new and improved Facebook profile called Timeline that they announced at the conference yesterday. Well, looks like it’ll take months to reach out to everyone who’s using Facebook. However, if you were truly impressed with new Timeline profile, then there is a way that you can try it out right away to see how and what it feels like.
The Timeline, as I told you in an earlier post, is pretty amazing and beautiful to look at. It’s also a great tool for a stalker as the Timeline features everything that you’ve ever done and will ever do on Facebook. Even though it’s all cool and pretty to look at, it does take some time to set it all up, so I’m not really sure if regular Facebook users take all the time to get the Timeline setup. That said, the new layout is more of a visual experience, the story of your life, your story that you’d want to share with everyone.
So, if you’re one of those who want to try out the new and fresh Facebook Timeline Profile, then here’s an easy tutorial on how to enable it even before it’s available to the public. To do this, you’ll need to enable Developer mode and even create an app, but don’t worry, it’s pretty simple.

Guide to Enable Facebook Timeline

Before you get started, make sure you have a phone number linked to your Facebook profile. That’s really important.
Search for Developer App on Facebook or navigate to developers.facebook.com/apps.
Select Create New App option and give a name/namespace for your app. It can be anything, since we are not really creating anything useful here. This is just to get approved as a Facebook developer and get to use the Timeline feature.
You’ll some app details now. Go to the left sidebar and select Open Graph. Now type in a test action such as read a book, watch a movie or something similar. It’s all laid out right in front of you, so don’t worry.
Now it’ll ask you to fill in some details, but don’t worry about that. Just select Next and next unless you see the Save and Finish page. Your app will be created and nobody, but you will know about it.
That’s it. Now go to your profile and you should see an Invitation to try out the new Timeline profile.
Click on Get it now and you should have the new Timeline profile.
Here’s a video tutorial of the same:
Are you going to enable Facebook Timeline profile or not? If you don’t like it and want to disable it, then Sign in using another device to disable the Timeline.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: