[How-To] Install Dissabled Chrome Extensions on Windows 8


When I upgraded my system to Window 8, some Chrome extensions including my own were disabled by default in Chrome Web Store. Such extensions have, “This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled” posted on their extensions page as shown in the following image:
Chrome Extension Error Message
Here are a couple of nifty ways to install those extensions:

Method 1

Download the extension and install it from your hard disk.
  • Using a browser other than Chrome download the extension to your hard disk.
  • Now in open your Chrome browser and Go to Menu-> Tools-> Extensions or type chrome://chrome/extensions/ in your address bar.
  • Click and drag the file you downloaded into the extension window (will not work in any other window other than the Extension window)
  • The extension should install insall now.

Method 2

Bypass the disabling by staring chrome in compatibility mode.
  • Right-click on the chrome.exe file and choose Properties. This file will be located in your installation directory.
  • Then click on the Compatibility tab.
  • Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and choose to Windows 7 from the list below.
  • Click OK to save the settings.
  • You should be able to install the extension from Chrome Web Store now.
  • After installing the extension, don’t forget to revert these changes to have an optimal browsing experience.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: