Limit Children Access to Programs & Applications in Windows 7


We have been writing different articles on the children safety along with reviews of some useful software’s like kidoz which can make sure that your child is safe while they access the computer and use different applications.
In this article we will teach you how you can use the available options in the Windows 7 and enjoy the facility of limiting specific software applications and programs from children access to make sure that even after your warning of not using specific software they would try and would not be able to access the software.
Whenever you use the default parental controls and setup a child account this would make sure that the child wont be able to access specific applications but this does not mean that the child is completely safe because they can still run unauthorized applications.
In order to fix this problem, you will have to create a New Child Account in Windows. Next from your administrator account you will have to click on the Start > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manager Accounts > Change an Account.
Once you perform this you will be inside the settings of the Child Account as shown below.
Child Account Windows
Click on the option which says ‘Set up Parental Controls’. You will be shown a page to select the user account for which the Parental Controls should be set. Click on the ‘Child Account’ and proceed.
A new page would be shown with some options. First you will have to click on Parental Controls : ON to Enable the security.
Child Account Parental Controls
Next click on the option ‘Allow and block specific programs on your computer’. The Application Restrictions page would show up with the options of – Child Account can use all programs or Child Account can only use the programs I allow. Select the second option to continue.
Programs Access Child Account
The list of different programs available for the child access will be listed there after the Application Path is scanned. Once this is done you will have to select the applications which you want the child to access and then click on the OK button. In order to give you an example we will allow the 7Capture Screen Capture Program in the accessible list and block the Samsung Kies Program from child access.
Allow Programs Child Access
When the child tries to access the program they would get the following error on the screen which would make sure that the program is restricted.
Windows Parental Controls
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: