How To Use an Alternate Name (eg nickname) in Facebook Profile Name


If you are interested in listing your second name on your Facebook account (eg nickname, professional name or maiden name), you will have to add an alternate name to your Facebook account.

How To Get Started
  1. Click the account menu  at the top right of your Facebook page.
  2. Choose Account Settings.
  3. Find the Name field and click Edit.
  4. Enter your alternate name in the provided box as seen in the picture below:

5. Check Include this on my profile (timeline) to have your alternate name listed on your profile (timeline). Otherwise, it will only help people find you in search. Save your changes.


Note: If you checked the box to have your alternate name listed on your profile (timeline), it will appear next to your name at the top of your personal profile (timeline) page as seen in the picture below:

The "NigerianBlogger" enclosed in bracket in the picture above is the alternate name I used for this Facebook profile of mine.  The alternate name will also show up next to your name in search results and any friend requests you send.

I hope this helps...

Cheers!
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: