Stop using Internet Explorer 6 – Microsoft requests the users!


The software giant has launched a new website, The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown, that bears the slogan: “Moving the world off Internet Explorer 6.” On its new website, IE6Countdown.com, Microsoft is making a great effort to get users to move away from the decade-old browser.
The motto given on the site goes like “10 years ago a browser was born. Its name was Internet Explorer 6. Now that we’re in 2011, in an era of modern web standards, it’s time to say goodbye.”
The goal of the website from Microsoft is to get Internet Explorer 6 usage to drop to less than 1% worldwide. Current IE 6 usage on a global level is 12%. Net Application’s most recent numbers indicate that in India, 12.3% of web users are still using IE 6, a decade old browser. For UK and US, the figures are 3.5% and 2.9% respectively.
image
So, if you are one of those who is still living in the past by using a 10 year old browser, quit now and download and install the latest version of the browser instead.
If are a blog owner, you can support the cause by putting a banner on your site which will be displayed to Internet Explorer 6 users only. Check more details here.
image
Are you or any of your friends still using IE 6? If you are, better quit now and move ahead. ;)
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: