How to change the Icon of your Hard-Drive

Hey ! Are'nt you all bored with that same Logo for your Hard-Drive ? All your drives look the same ! Is't it too hard to look at ? so Here i'm providing you " How to change the logo of your hard-Drive " .

This tweak requires a lil bit of registry editing ! So you better Back-up Your Registry.

  • Process : How to Back - up the Registry !
  • Go to start >>> run >>>> type " regedit "  ( this will open the registry "
  • Go to file >>> Export >>> Choose the destination >>>save !



Now you are all set to make ur hard drive icons follow you ! here i'm providing the screenshot of my hard-Drives'.
* Click To Enlarge

  • Process: how to Change the Hard-Drive icons 
  • go to registry using Start >>>.run >>> type " regedit " here
  • Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Current Version \ Explorer

  • Now right click in the right pane.
  • New >>> Key 
  • Name this new key " Drive Icons "

  • Again, New >>> Key
  • Name this new key "C"  or the Drive Letter of the Drive that you wanna change . eg . to change the D drive name it " D "


  • Again New >>> Key
  • Name this new key " DefaultIcon "
  • Right click on the " Default " string , and select " modify "
  • Insert the Full path of the Icon . eg : d:\wallpapers\icons\movie.ico
  • Restart the Pc ! And wow ! A new look is awaiting you ! 
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: