How To Write Files to CD in Microsoft Windows


Writing files to CD (Compact Disc) also knows as burning a disc, simply means copying files from your PC  to a CD i.e. empty/blank disc.  The files could be photos, documents, music, softwares etc. For a file to be successfully saved on a CD, it has to pass through the process of writing and that’s why I’m here to explain how to write files to a CD in windows.

Blank CD's come in two different forms. The first one is called CD-R (CD Recordable). The other one is called CD-RW (CD Re-Writable). You can copy files to both CDs but it is only the CD Re-Writable that is reusable. Hence, you can easily copy new files to the CD-RW and erase the old ones that you might have saved on it. The CD-RW disks are a little more expensive than the regular CD-R disks.

Note:  Ensure that the CD-ROM drive on your computer is labelled “rewritable” or else, you will not be able to write on Re-Writable CDs. 
Requirements

 Re-Writeable CD and a Re-Writable CD drive.


STEPS
==> Insert the CD into the CD drive
==> Select the file or group of files to be written to CD
==> Right click on your selection,
==> Click "Send To" and choose CD-RW drive. An indication will pop up that you have files to be written to CD.

==> Click Start / My Computer and open CD-RW drive
==> Click 'Write these files to CD" or "Burn to Disc" link on the left
==> You will see a CD Writing Wizard. Type in any name for your CD and click on "Next"
==> At this point, CD Writing Wizard starts writing the files on your blank CD and displays a progress bar as shown below:


The CD will automatically eject itself on successful writing.

Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: