Windows 8 vs Windows 7


windows 8Introduction:

Windows 8 is the new version of Microsoft windows OS after Windows 7.The preview is available on the official site of Microsoft. Till now it is getting a good response from the User. It’s awesome and unbelievable features compelled the Users to download it at least once. This hence gives a reason to compare Windows 8 with Windows 7.

The Difference:

According to Microsoft Windows 8 is the reconstruction of Windows 7. The architecture of Windows 7 has been completely reformed. On comparing Windows 7 with Windows 8 there are many differences in features and performance among both of them. There are many new features and latest improvements that will be dominating Windows 7.
Some of the differences between the two are:
  • Speed: Widows 8 is fast. Apps open quickly and browsers are more responsive than Windows 7. Comparatively Windows 8 feels like a more modern OS.
  • Hibernation: Unlike Windows 7 windows 8 hibernates correctly. This is the first version of Windows to do so.
  • Metro Interface:Windows 8 has a completely different interface. It is tablet oriented touch screen technology based OS. Thus, it helps in overcoming the drawbacks of Windows 7.win 8 logon
  • Booting: The booting of the Windows 8 takes place at a very rocking speed. It takes approximately 8 seconds for booing after the machine is switched ON. Thus it is less time time consuming and is very easy to handle than Windows 7.windows-8-boot
  • Processor Requirement: Windows 7 needs 32-bit or 64-bit or Intel Processor. On the other hand Windows 8 requires the same and can even run on ARM-32 bit embedded microprocessor.
  • Power Management: Windows 8 has the capability to start on zero power state within fraction of seconds. None other OS has this facility. Hence, a large amount of battery life and energy can be saved.
  • Cloud Services: Windows 7 lacks online storage using cloud computing. On the other hand Windows 8 will be starting a new online back up service in the system data.
  • Internet Explorer: Windows 8 has the latest version of internet explorer. Internet Explorer 10 is completely different from its earlier versions.

 Conclusion:

Hence it can be concluded that Windows 8 is much better than Windows 7. It is user friendly and has much better and advanced interface. It is much secured and takes less time for booting. Though Windows 7 will be giving a tight competition yet Windows 8 latest features would surely affect the overall performance of Windows 7.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: