Change the Text Message “Shutting down…” at Windows 7 Shutdown


This is a simple and interesting tricks to change the text message appearing when shutting down Windows 7. By default, you see the message “Shutting down…” after pressing the Shutdown button or shutting down the windows in any way.
But if you want to replace the text message with your own custom message like “Good bye…” or “Will meet again..” then follow the steps below.
Step 1. Download the latest version of Resource Hacker and install it.
Step 2. Navigate to the following path from the Windows 7 explorer:
C: > Windows > System32 > en-US > wininit.exe.mui.
Note: You are going to edit the file wininit.exe.mui. As it is a system file, Windows 7 will not allow to modify it without taking the ownership.
Step 3. Take the Ownership* of the file with your current user account and also set the permission to allow the current user account Full Control.
* To take the ownership of a file from the context menu download the Reg file from the following link, extract the archive and double-click on the file Add_Take_Ownership and click merge.
Step 4. Close the window and run the Resource Hacker as administrator by right-clicking on the shortcut from Start > All programs > Resource Hacker > Resource Hacker and choosing“Run as administrator” (click on “Yes” if the User Account Control message appears).
Step 5. In the Resource Hacker window click File > Open
and select the folder
C: > Windows > System32 > en-US
from the drop-down menu, labeled as “Look in:”. Change the file types to All files(*.*)
and select wininit.exe.mui then click Open.
Step 6. Expand String Table then 63 and click on 1033.
Step 7. At the 1002 location of the right pane, change the text “Shutting down…” to “Good bye…” or some thing that you want to show.
Step 8: Click on “Compile Script”.
Step 9. Save the changes by clicking File > Save.
Let me know if any problem arises by dropping your comments.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: