How to edit HOSTS file on windows (xp,vista,seven)


There might be various occasions on which you might want to edit your hosts file on windows system.
Anyway, to edit and safe hosts file on microsoft windowsoperating system without error, follow these steps.
1. Right click notepad.exe and select “open as administrator” (find notepad by going in start > all programs )
2. In notepad, click File > Open
3. Goto the hosts file directory on windows: (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc )
4. Select “All files” from the options if “.txt.” is selected in notepad to show all files in that folder. Select hosts file.
5. Make changes to your hosts file now
6. Save
Done. Your hosts file is now edited successfully and saved.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: