Encrypt Data Stored On Cloud Storage Services With Cloudfogger


Cloud computing on a roll these days, but actually no one knows how safe it is to use. Though all of them provides security measures and high-end security features claiming secure data storage over the cloud. But to be on safe side, extra security and cloud data encryption is what I recommend or avoid uploading something personal or highly confidential data over the cloud storage services. But that’s not the efficient solution. Cloudfogger is an encryption software which allows users to encrypt contents to secure data right from the computer system. Here’s how to encrypt datausing Cloudfogger.

How To Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Using Cloudfogger

  • First of all, download Cloudfogger application. Install it.choose username and password for cloudfogger account
  • Create a new account, note down the Cloudfogger ID, feed a strong password. Click on Next. You can also choose to save the password locally on your system.
  • I know you are not going to read that PDF file they are recommending you to read, no problem, follow this short tutorial to use Cloudfogger to encrypt contents to secure data on cloud storage services you are using.
  • Right click on some document to choose the Cloudfogger option from the Right context menu. There are plethora of options to choose from(shown in the image).cloudfogger cloud storage secure content
  • Choose the following options accordingly.
Fogg(Encrypt)To encrypt the data.
Fogg and ShareTo share the encrypted data
Fogg to CopyEncrypt data to copy it somewhere(other folders)
Shred and DeleteTo delete the encrypted content
Lock AccountTo lock your Cloudfogger account to prevent unauthorized access
I know you are still confused with the working of Cloudfogger, let me clear the air for you.

How Cloudfogger Works

  • Cloudfogger is a client side encryption of the files which secures your content, after that you can upload it to your cloud storage accounts, say Dropbox etc.
  • A new virtual drive is created for every new installation of Cloudfogger, where Cloudfogger saves the encrypted version of the file every time you use it to encrypt your data.
  • Now lets say if you want to save the encrypted data over Dropbox, you can select the Dropbox Folder which is synched with Dropbox as an Active Drive. Check the image for the reference.select dropbox folder as an active drive
  • So that’s how Cloudfogger empowers client side data encryption which can be used to secure contents over the cloud.
Now your data stored on cloud storage services is secured. Feel free to ask your doubts regarding the service.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: