Create and Configure your Own HotKey in Windows 7


Both the Windows 7 and XP have some hotkeys to do things easily and quickly. As example, the Win + E key combination will open the Windows explorer. Again if you press Win + U then it will openAccessibility Utility Manager.
But did you ever try to create your own hotkey? Suppose you use a folder every day and can’t keep it so openly in the desktop for security purpose. So, every time you use that folder, you are to navigate to that from the Windows explorer. But if you could create a hotkey for that folder then that folder could be easily and securely accessed.
There is a small and free utility WinHotKey that allows you to create and configure your own hotkey.
This utility allows to create and manage new hotkeys for various purpose. You can assign a hotkey to launch an application, open a document, open a folder, type some text in editpr, control the current windows.
To create your own custom hot key download WinHotKey from the above link, extract the archive and install it. It will show you the list of currently available hot keys (Windows default hotkeys).
To create the new one go through the following steps.
1. Click “New Hotkey”.
2. Type a small description about the hot key so that you can easily understand the property of the shortcut key from that.
3. Choose the key combination.
4. Choose the target job that you want to do by that hot key from the dropdown list. As for example if you want to open a folder then select “Open a folder”, if you want to open an application like calculator, MS Word etc then select “Launch an Application”.
5. Put the location of the folder or the application by clicking on the “Browse” button.
6. You can also configure the functionality of the hot key from the “Advanced” option.
7. After setting the appropriate configuration click OK.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: