Create Your Own Run Command In Windows 7


I am a great fan of Windows Run command as it allows to open any application or system folder by typing a short command instead of moving my mouse and navigating to the deep of my hard disk location. I do love to open Command Prompt, Registry Editor etc. by pressing Win + R key and then typing the short formed commands like cmd, regedit and more.
Windows has some short command inbuilt to open some applications or system folders. This feature of Windows is very helpful when you are to open any system application or system folder without knowing the exact location of the shortcut.
But not for all applications as well as the folders, Windows have the run command available. But there is a simple trick to create the run command for all the applications and folders. Here, at Techno Island, our mission is to reveal the trick that make things easier for you.

How to create Run command for Windows applications and folder in Windows 7

Right-click on an empty space of the Desktop and select New > Shortcut from the context menu.
windows 7-create-new-shortcut
The Create Shortcut wizard appears. It asks you to type the location of the file or folder for which you want to create the shortcut. Type the path at the appropriate field or browse to the location by clicking on the Browse button. Once you are done, click “Next”. For instance, say the location of the folder is D:\kailas.
windows 7-create-shortcut-wizard
Now, type a name for the shortcut and hit “Finish”. Give the name as short as you can because this name will be your Run command. For instance, the shortcut name is “kailas”.
windows 7-shortcut-name
You should find the shortcut at your desktops as below:
windows 7-shortcut
Press Win + R key and type %windir% at the run command box. It will open the Windows folder at your system drive. Cut the shortcut, you have created earlier and paste at the Windows folder.
You are done! Whenever you want to open the folder Kailas just press Win + R key and type“kailas” (without the quotes) then hit enter.
Though I have shown the process for a folder here, you can create the Run command for any application and file as well.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: