HOW TO ADD CUSTOM RESOLUTION IN WINDOWS USING POWERSTRIP


Old PC’s don’t support Widescreen resolutions i.e 1366×768 or 1440×960 etc. if you have an old PC and you recently bought a new LCD or LED. There is a greater chance that you will face screen resolution problem. One way to solve Screen Resolution problem is to replace graphic card. But wait, there is another way. You can add custom resolution in Windows. It is not 100% granted that you will get your desired resolution. But why not to try it before spending money.
First you will need to download PowerStrip. By using PowerStrip you can add Custom Resolutions in Windows. After downloading install the software, and restart your computer. Now open PowerStrip. After Opening PowerStrip you will see a new PowerStrip icon in Taskbar notification area. Now follow the steps given below to add custom resolution.
1) Right Click on PowerStrip icon in Taskbar notification area, then move you mouse over“Display profiles”, then click “Configure”.
2) Click on “Advanced timing options…” Button.
3) Click “Custom resolutions…” Button. Now you should see the following screen.


4) Now enter your desired resolution or select a resolution from Predefined Resolutions, then click “Add new resolution” Button.
* Restarting Windows may be necessary to see if the custom resolution is accepted by the display driver.

Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: