HOW TO USE HARD DISK FREE SPACE AS VIRTUAL RAM


If your computer is working slow due to low RAM and you don’t want to upgrade your PC for any reason, here is a solution for you. You can use your Hard Disk free space as Virtual RAM. You can create pagefile to Use hard disk free space as Virtual RAM. A paging file is an area on the hard disk that Windows uses as if it were RAM. Follow the steps given below to use your Hard Disk Free Space as Virtual RAM.
For Windows 7/Vista:
1) Right Click on “Computer” icon on desktop, then click “Properties”.
2) Click “Advance system settings”.
3) Click on “Advanced” tab, then click on “Settings” in performance section.
4) Click on “Advanced” tab, then click on “Change” in Virtual memory section. Now you should see the following screen.
virtual memory
5) Select the drive, then select Custom size, insert Initial and Maximum size, then click “Set”, now Click “OK”.
For Windows XP:
1) Right click on “My Computer”, then click on “Properties”.
2) Click on “Advanced” tab, then Click on “Settings” in Performance section.
3) Click on “Advanced” tab, then Click on “Change” in Virtual memory section.
4) Select the drive, then select Custom size, insert Initial and Maximum size, then click “Set”, now Click “OK”.

* Recommended size of Pagefile is Your RAM * 1.5 times. You can also use System managed size.
* It is Recommended to use Initial and Maximum size same.


Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: