How To Block incoming calls & messages on iPhone


If you have a mobile phone number in your blacklist and want to block the incoming calls and messages on your iphone, there’s no built in option on iphone that would come to your rescue. But there’s a nifty utility that will help you do it easily.   iBlacklist is a tiny app that will help you block incoming calls and sms. You need to have your iPhone jailbroken before using the tool. Just go to  www.jailbreakme.comand jailbreak your iphone.
jailbreak iphone How To Block incoming calls & messages on iPhone
After jailbreaking your iphone, open up cydia and search for iblacklist. Now install the app. The full version of the app costs 12$.  The free version allows you to add upto two numbers.
  1. Once the app is installed, tap on iblacklist and the window will popup showing a number of options from that tap on ” Enable “.iblacklist home window How To Block incoming calls & messages on iPhone
    iblacklist window settings more How To Block incoming calls & messages on iPhone
  2. By default the call and sms blocking will be set to ON. You’ll also have the options to turn ON blocking for the mms and facetime.
  3. Now tap go to the main screen of iBlacklist and tap on ” Blacklists ” > You’ll have the options to add a new black list. By default you’ll see a ” General BL  ” list. You could either create a custom list or move ahead by tapping on it.blacklists How To Block incoming calls & messages on iPhone
  4. Tap on the (+) sign and you’ll see more options to Add the number from contacts, add from recent calls and from recent messages. Now add the number using any of these options and tap on ”  Save “.
  5. The main screen of iBlacklist gives you option to set a password for security.
  6. From the main screen tap on Call Settings and you can configure the Filter Options such as Show status bar icon, sound notify, vibrate, block calls with less than x number of digits etc.
  7. The  ” Action Setup  ” option on the main screen allows you to set the actions to be performed when you receive the call. Tap on it and you’ll see Whitelists & Restricted Number.
  8. Now tap on ” Restricted Number “  & you could choose whether you need to give a Busy Signal, Accept & Hangup, Voicemail. Besides the other two options choose any of these three which suits you the best and tap on Save.call blocking actions in iblacklist How To Block incoming calls & messages on iPhone
  9. Now save you settings and you’re set to block the mobile numbers.
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: