How to Bulk Download Picasa Web Album Photos to Computer


Question : I have around 620 Photos which were uploaded to my Picasa Web Gallery after you had suggested the option of Download Flickr Photos and Transfer Photos from Flickr to Picasa. Now i would like to have a backup copy of all the photos which are stored in my Picasa Web Album on my computer which can be accessed when iam not Online. Is there a option to bulk download all the Picasa uploaded Photos?
Solution : Yes it is very much possible to download all your Picasa Web Album based photos using the desktop based Picasa Software which is used to Setup Sync to Web in Picasa. Once you run the Picasa Software you will have to login to your Google Account to get access to the account where your Photos are uploaded.
Next click on the File > Import from Picasa Web Albums. This will display you a list of different albums which are currently created and available in your Web Albums section.
Import Picasa Web Albums
You will be shown with two options – Either to Import all albums or to Import selected albums. Select your desired option and then click on the OK button. This will start downloading all the Pictures which are hosted online to your computer at the following location.
* Windows: My Documents\My Pictures\Downloaded Albums
* Mac: Pictures\Downloaded Albums
Here you can find all the photos and also while the photos are being downloaded you will get a Desktop Notification of the same with the progress on the total number of Albums downloaded as shown below.
Picasa Desktop Downloads Notifier
Share on Google Plus

About dadasdasdas

My name is Subha. I’m interested in computer science, music and literature. Computers first appeared in my life when I was fifteen. Then I had got my first computer. I remember myself thinking, that it was the best thing in the world. I was playing it whenever I could but some time later, I noticed that I could do a lot more things with the computer, for example programming. So, I have started my graduation in Computer. Later i have decided that I can spread my knowledge among peoples. So, I have started blogging.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: